At MEMORIST, our comprehensive approach to heritage preservation encompasses conservation, heritage strategy audits, organising heritage collections and implementing preventive conservation measures, ensuring the long-term safeguarding of your cultural heritage.
From the simplest to the most complex and varied collections, MEMORIST experts analyze the problems presented and the operational objectives of each client.
A heritage strategy audit offers a global vision of your needs or allows you to focus on a specific aspect of the heritage process: preservation, restoration, digitization or communication.
More advanced audits allow us to draw the outlines of the project:
- General inventory (typology, volume, condition)
- Conservation advice (volumetric and typological evaluation, damaged collections, preventative measures)
- Condition reports (identification of signs of damaged, etc.)
- Heritage strategy (explanation of proposed choices)
- Quality insurance plans
We organize heritage collections and establish targeted action plans:
- Analysis of the collections
- Inventory and analysis
- Simple or detailed inventory
- Processing guidelines
- Reconditioning (standardized, in partnership with recognized service providers, by experts trained in handling)
More specifically, we organize the heritage collections for optimal digitization and conservation.
Preventive conservation of heritage collections takes the form of the following operations:
- Removal of dust from of all types of media (film, photo, paper, parchment…)
- Tests: solubility of ink, identification of glue (adhesive reinforcements or paper)
- Selective scrubbing of heavy soiling
- Sampling for microbiological analysis (disinfection program)